Progress in business is determined by the action you take (or don’t take).
The amount of action you take is largely dependant on your energy.
When you have energy, your productivity is way higher.
When you’re exhausted, you simply take less action.
You can’t be bothered.
You turn into a little baby where everything seems too hard and even the tiniest thing seems insurmountable.
Don’t judge your talent or self-worth on times when you have no energy.
Almost everyone’s pretty useless with no energy.
So if we want to accomplish some pretty crazy shit, it makes sense to manage our energy.
We need to look after the machine (aka yourself) that will be needed to achieve these goals.
It’s like going on a big road trip and making sure your car is in tip-top shape.
Checking the tyre pressure, getting it serviced.
If you neglect these things, your body will fail you along the way.
If you don’t respect yourself and look after yourself, it won’t serve you.
If your life goals are important to you, then doesn’t it make sense to keep yourself in tip-top shape so you can execute at 150%?
So this post isn’t so much a full detailed run down of how to keep yourself in shape.
It’s more a reminder to not forget the fundamentals while you’re on your journey.
7 specific things I’d recommend if you’re low on energy:
- Stop eating shitty food
- Stop hanging with toxic people
- Do nice things for nice people in your life
- Exercise (even if it’s a 20-minute walk each morning)
- Keep in touch with friends and family (reconnect with them if you’ve been distant)
- Set a fixed bed time and sleep 8 hours each night (it’s fine to stay up if you’re ‘hustling’ but that shouldn’t be the norm. Get the sleep so you’re more EFFECTIVE, rather than just doing silly hours at low productivity)
- Do stuff outside of business that you used to love doing (you’re not defined by your business, your title, your income etc)
These 7 things, without fail, have always got me back in the game if I’ve been feeling flat for any reason.
Let me know how you go.